In most Chinese restaurants, there are no English waiters or waitresses, so being able to order dishes in Chinese by yourself will not only be of great help, but can be a real cultural experience. Now, let's learn how to 点菜(diǎncài)- order dishes at a Chinese restaurant.
除了…, 还… besides …
e.g.
除了 你,还有 谁 会 说中文?
Who can speak Chinese besides you?
除了 玩电脑,我 还 喜欢 学习。
Besides playing computer, I also like studying.
A: 服务员,我 要 点菜。
Waiter… I want to order food.
B : 这是 菜单, 请问 您 吃点儿 什么?
Here is the menu. What would you like to eat?
A:你们 这儿的 拿手菜 是 什么?
What is your special dish?
B:北京 烤鸭。
Beijing Duck.
A:除了 北京 烤鸭,还有 什么?
Besides the Beijing Duck, what else?
B:还有 糖醋 里脊、宫保 鸡丁 和 麻婆 豆腐。
We also have Sweet and Sour Pork, Kung Pao Chicken and Mapo Tofu.
B:来一只 北京烤鸭, 再来一份 宫保鸡丁。
I want a Beijing Duck and Kung Pao Chicken.
A:好的。请稍等。
OK. Please wait a moment.
New Words | Meaning | Sound |
---|---|---|
点菜 |
to order dishes | |
菜单 |
menu | |
拿手 |
special | |
北京烤鸭 |
Beijing Roast Duck | |
糖醋里脊 |
Sweet and Sour Pork | |
宫保鸡丁 |
Kung Pao Chicken | |
麻婆豆腐 |
Mapo Tofu | |
稍等 |
to wait a moment |